Monday, March 17, 2008

Evaluation Presentation

I watched this with interest - took me a few days though to get through it all. I started off one lunch time, thought I could multi-task eat and watch and listen at the same time, however I found my mind wondered and interruptions happened.

Interesting material though, once I got through it all.

I have been doing lots of reading in "chunks". I am not sure that this is the best way to be doing this, but for the moment, it is all I can manage. I don't seem to be able to devote any long periods of time to this - work is very busy, and home seems to be even busier.

On reading the case study, I could identify with the student's preference for audio. This they can listen to while driving, at the gym, (as stated), or even if they were out walking.

In years past I dictated notes onto a cassette tape (before CD'S) and played them while driving on the motorway - it worked in filling in the time sitting in traffic.

1 comment:

Bronwyn hegarty said...

yes the presentation is a good 20 min Barbara. Think about all you would have missed out on, if you had to attend the lecture f2f, but it may have been better for focusing your attention. In the online format you have found you are able to return to the presentation as much as you like. I am glad you found it interesting.

Reading in chunks is best in my opinion if you are trying to fit it into a busy schedule. Your example of the usefulness of audio is very relevant. Perhaps if you are still getting stuck in traffic you could read and record some of the articles on to a digital recorder/MP3 player - then listen while driving. Be careful the excitement doesn't distract you...:)

It might be a good way to record some of your reflections as well - audio can easily be posted to your blog - linked (add website) from either Internet Archive (http://www.archive.org/index.php) or Myplick (http://www.myplick.com/)where you load it. Let me know if you want some help with this idea.

You may also like to post a response to week two's questions about evaluation and quality.